Welcome to the Malory Investment Services Website. Malory Investment Services Limited and their affiliates provide this site to you subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read these carefully - if you visit our site you are deemed to have accepted them. Please leave the site if you do not.
Financial Conduct Authority
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. We are required by the FCA to provide you with details about our firm and services. Please read this document carefully and if you do not understand any point please ask for further explanation.
Who are we?
We are an appointed representative of In Partnership the trading name of the On-Line Partnership Limited which is authorised and regulated by the FCA. In Partnership's registration number is 192638. We are authorised to advise, arrange and bring about transactions in investments, pension, home finance products (mortgages) and non-investment insurance contracts.
The FCA contact details are:
12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN
We will communicate with you in English. We will act upon your written instruction in a timely manner. We are required to confirm back to you, in writing, our understanding of any verbal instruction before we are able to act upon them.
We and In Partnership will hold any of your personal data in line with the GDPR rules 2018. You or your agents are able to request copies of all personal data we hold relating to you at any time.
Conflict of Interests
We will make you aware of any conflict of interest which arises between the work we are doing for you and any of our other clients or ourselves. Where a conflict of interest exists we will discuss with you the options that are available to mitigate the conflict before we proceed with any work we do for you. A copy of our Conflict of Interests Policy is available upon request.
Client and Agent
Your agreement to appoint us as your agent will only apply from the date that you sign our client agreement. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing we will treat you as a retail client. This means that you are afforded the full protection of the FCA and other financial services consumer protection bodies.
Our client agreement will remain in force unless you or we end it. If the agreement is ended and we are involved in a incomplete transaction, we can decide not to complete the transaction and return to you all documents relating to the incomplete transaction.
Levels of Service
We are able to provide you with a number of different levels of service as follows:
- Advice and recommendation
- Information only upon which you can make an informed choice
- Acting for you to complete a transaction upon your specific instruction
The level of service decided upon will be confirmed in our client agreement with you.
Products & Institutions
We will identify and select suitable products from institutions the whole of the market. Whole of Market means; all products and institutions that are accessible to us from our base within the UK and that we are able to research. You have the right to give us specific instructions to restrict our selection of any particular product or provider for these solutions. You need to let us know about any specific restrictions that you want to place on us.
Security (Solvency of Institutions)
We use both UK and Non-UK Institutions for our clients. You should be aware that different legal and regulatory regimes may apply between UK and Non-UK Institutions. Your ability to enforce your legal rights or to seek compensation may also vary. If you do not wish to use a Non-UK Institution, please advise us immediately.
We cannot guarantee the solvency of any Institution (this includes any third party used by them). If any Institution with whom you have a policy or loan becomes insolvent, you may be limited in the amount of compensation against your loss that you can receive. You may ask us for details of the compensation schemes relevant within other jurisdictions.
How we are paid
We offer three options for the payment of our services, these are:
- Paying by Adviser Charge (through product charges) or Procuration Fee (from a lender)
- Paying by a Fee
- Paying by a combination of a Fee and Adviser Charge (through product charges)
We will discuss and agree with you the most suitable option given your personal circumstances before we undertake any chargeable work.
How the costs of our services are calculated
If you decide to pay for our services by:
- Paying by Adviser Charge (through product charges) - The amount of any adviser charge generated will be dependent upon the amount of your premium, the term of your plan, your age, the product selected and the company used. For mortgages it will depend upon the amount you borrow, the terms of the loan and the lender used. Paying by adviser charge through product charges does not mean that our services are free. The affect of paying by adviser charge (through product charges) can be to reduce the actual amount being invested or increase the premium you are paying.
- Fee only - The fee will reflect the amount of work we undertake for you, the status of your adviser plus the complexity and technical knowledge required in analysing and designing a personal recommendation for you and the size of any transaction. Full written details of our fee structure will be provided to you for consideration before we undertake any chargeable work for you. Where the work we do generates an automatic payment of adviser charge, we will either refund this to you or rebate the adviser charge back into the product to reduce charges.
- Combination of Fee and Adviser Charge (through product charges) - Where the amount of adviser charge that we will receive is not sufficient to cover the full cost of our services, we will agree with you the additional fee amount to fund the difference. The combined amount of adviser charge and fee will not exceed the amount that would be payable under the fee only option.
From time to time we may receive other benefits from institutions that we introduce a customer to. These other benefits can be in the form of monetary or non-monetary benefits and are intended to enhance the service we can provide to our clients. We will provide you with details of any monetary or non-monetary benefit received in relation to any transaction completed for you upon request.
If you want to register a complaint, this can be done by writing to us at the address given at the beginning of this document or by telephoning us or if you wish you can contact:
The Compliance Department, In Partnership, On-Line House, 50-56 North Street, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1RD. Or Telephone: 01430 214 200 Or Email: email@example.com
If we are unable to settle your complaint to your satisfaction, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service at: South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
We contribute to the fund of the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from this scheme if this firm ceases to trade and, as a result of our advice, you have suffered a financial loss. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
For Investments and Home Finance Products
Most types of business are covered for 100% of £50,000 so the maximum compensation is £50,000.
Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit. For compulsory classes of insurance, insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the claim, without any upper limit.